10 Effective Ways I Have Been Doing In Building My Blog
In 8 months of building ByNajmah.com, there have been failed strategies I tried but those are just part of the process of knowing the right strategy. Even though I don’t have that high traffic yet, high domain authority and high page rankings, I’m happy that I’ve successfully converted some visitors into active readers and clients. It’s really nice to see that although I don’t see much numbers in my Google Analytics, I am seeing progress. Analytics are indeed just a number and they don’t represent actual number of readers. But, I’m not discouraging anyone from using it. I also use it. I am aware that in some cases the stats are needed to analyze the health and progress of our blogs.
These 10 ways I’m sharing are effective ways that help me in building my blog in a way of getting noticed. I’m also using the same ways to drive more traffic to my blog. I believe that having more traffic and getting noticed are two different things. I will blog about the differences of the two next time, so make sure to subscribe at the end of this blog post to receive updates.
As you read these ways I’m sharing, I want you to get one or two ways that you want to focus on in the coming month or in the coming year depends on your plans.
- Focus on building a community and connections with other bloggers and entrepreneurs. Join some online communities, but don’t join too many! I tried it ones and it’s more disturbing than it is helpful. You may also create a private group chat with bloggers with same blog niche as you.
- Ask questions or advice from those who are more experienced. Don’t be afraid or shy to ask. Everyone does it and it won’t make you any less.
- Do not compare your progress, blog, concept and craft with that of others’. Trust me, it kills your creativity and potential to make a difference.
- Exert an effort to think, plan and come up with strategies. It’s alright to read others’ proven strategies and methods. But, you should also exert an effort to think of the right strategy for you. Get inspired by how others build their blog and brand, but adding a personal touch to it is something only you will know. We don’t want to come up with a replica of others’ work.
- Improve your life off line. Don’t forget that your offline life is what matters the most. If you are physically, mentally and spiritually fit then it’ll be easy for you to think and to work efficiently in building your blog and brand. If you are unhealthy inside and out, it reflects with your work. Having a time away from your blog and business won’t harm but help your blog and business.
- Do what you think you can’t do. In most cases, doing what makes you uncomfortable is what will make you grow. Try something that challenges you. Maybe making a podcast, offering an online course, writing an e-book or hosting an online conference. In my case, coding has been an impossible thing for me but now I’m on the process of developing my premade websites and themes to sell. Although I thought it was impossible because my field is not related to it (I’m student of Nutrition and Dietetics), I really want to do it. I had to encounter difficulty, headaches, discomfort and all those challenges. But, it’s all worth it. Another thing that makes me uncomfortable but I’m giving it a try is email marketing.
- Be confident. Your talent and skills deserve to be enhanced and noticed. Share it with others who need your talent. Offer services to them. Sometimes just a confidence, even without the skill, is enough to start doing something great.
- Do something new every day. Avoid doing the same thing and try to add something new every day. If you find it difficult, doing something new every week is another great option.
- Make unique contents. Try to make new contents that only readers will see on your blog. It requires effort to come up with unique contents but it will be helpful for your blog. As readers, we also don’t like seeing the same content from all the blogs we see. What attracts us the most is to see unique blog with unique content.
- Be consistent and responsible. Have a schedule on when you will post a new blog, when you will send newsletter to your subscribers and when to interact with your community. Then, be consistent in doing your tasks as scheduled.
If you notice these ways are not really related to having the knowledge or talent but it’s more about how we handle situations, our lifestyle, attitude and behavior.