18 precious lessons in 18 years of existence
- Mistakes teach us important lessons. The society has made me blind with the idea that to be the brightest star committing mistakes is a big no-no. Well, not until I got series of mistakes and failures which actually made me learn a lot of lessons I will never know without committing those. Now, I can say.. to be one of the brightest star you should know how it feels to fall down.
- Talk to people. Growing up I become too choosy with people to talk with. But, I just realized we can learn a lot if we talk with others, even with strangers. Everyone has something to share if we just listen to the story they are willing to share.
- Asking does not bite. My mentor trained me to be expressive of my curiosity. Thanks to her that I gained the confidence and zeal to ask a lot. Asking does not bite. It helps me to sleep well at night without questions running on my mind.
- A palace is built longer than an ordinary house. My things did not go on ordinarily…and now I know why.
- Always know that you do not know everything. Since I learned this from my Philosophy class it has always been in my mind. We do not actually know everything, even we are already in our 50s we will never know everything. It’s okay to go back always from the basics, cause it will always teach us new things.
- It’s okay to receive critics. I was close minded with critics, and feedbacks. Now, I receive them with a big smile.
- An exercise can not undo a bad diet. I learned this out from my weight loss journey. Before I thought exercise burns a lot calories that it’s okay to eat a lot. Exercise does not actually burn a lot of calories, though it helps a lot, still 3/4 of the weight loss program is about clean diet.
- Change is the only constant in this world. Expect that one day you have to part ways from things and people you love the most.
- We do not let go of something because we fear that something will never happen again. I was so scared so I hold on things even it was not right. I thought letting go will ruin my life, but it did not… it’s actually the other way around.
- There is no harm in trying something new. I thought if I do burpees, push ups, and circuit trainings it will kill me… but no, it made me stronger. Same to when I beat my nervousness and fears and tried cool things.
- Do things as if there is no tomorrow. Tomorrow is not promised for us. Period.
- You are stronger than you think. Lately, I have been doing things I never expect I could. I’m surprised of the unbelievable strength within me.
- Patience is a virtue. Rushing things out will out come a bad result.
- God will never ever leave you. Even there were times when I could not do my obligations to Him, still He always make me feel that He is always there. Subhanallah!
- Laziness will bring you to nowhere. I’m glad to say, I’m not anymore lazy as I were.
- Spending time with yourself helps. Being alone with yourself for at least 30 minutes in a day helps to reflect and relax thus making you less stress.
- The tougher the journey gets, the beautiful the destination is. When my things got worse, I lost my focus because of my fear that I will not make it. I was wrong. Now, I always tell myself that success is best served with flavors of difficulty. Usually when success is about to be accomplished it is when things become tough.
- Everything happens for a reason. I live by with this statement. Just like when my visa got denied that made me unable to go back to Philippines for my studies, at first I see it as bad thing but now I know why that happened. I did not expect, there are a lot of beautiful things that happened to me by staying. Alhamdulillah for everything.